The Student News Site of Woodlands Academy

The Plaid

The Plaid

The Plaid

The Plaid

Follow Us on Twitter

Spain: a place you should visit once in your life.

Spain is a country for everyone. Spain is a place to rest, to party, to get good food, to meet new people, to know a lot of new places… It is a huge country with a lot of variety.

Starting with all the main cities like Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla… also the cities that not a lot of people know, like Alicante, Huelva, Jaén… All the mountains, rivers, the amazing beaches that places like Ibiza, Cádiz, and Asturias…have.  There are a lot of things to do and places to see, and moving around the country is very convenient, thanks to Spain’s efficient public transportation system, so it is also a really good place to go and travel around if you can’t decide on what you want to do.

In the main cities, there are usually a lot of people but still, there are a lot of things to do. And if you enjoy nightlife, going to the big cities like Madrid or Barcelona, will not disappoint you. But if you also want an option to relax during the day a place like “Las Islas Baleares”, especially Ibiza, is the perfect place for you to go to.

It doesn’t matter what city you go to, the best thing you can do is go on long walks, even if you are by yourself going on walks to random places in the city is one of the best things you can do.

One of the best places you can go to, in Madrid is “La Puerta de Alcalá”, it’s one of the most important buildings in Madrid and it’s right by “El Retiro”. El Retiro is a beautiful park in which you can visit some monuments like the Glass Palace, you can go for a run or just a relaxing walk, and you can even feed ducks!

Also, for transport, bus or metro are the best and cheapest options ever. As Madrid is a big city, there is quite a lot of traffic so taking the metro or the bus is a great option because you can get everywhere you need to go. And if you are a soccer fan, visit Santiago Bernabeu, the soccer stadium of one of the most important teams ever, Real Madrid.

And on your trip to Madrid or any city in Spain, you cannot miss going to the main street in the evening to walk with the lights of the city at night and have a drink. Any day of the week it is guaranteed that there will be many people with their friends having a good time, so it is something that cannot be missed on your trip to any city in Spain.

Of course, on your trip to Spain, you cannot leave without trying its food. From the most incredible and formal restaurants to the small stands, you find while walking on the beach. If you like fish, in Andalusia, the south of Spain, they serve the best “pescaito frito” (fried fish) you are ever going to find. And in the north, you can find typical Spanish food like Spanish omelets. Spanish omelet is made with eggs, potatoes, onions (optional), salt, and some pepper. Even if it sounds like the most basic dish ever, it is one of the best things you are going to try. But the best thing the north can offer, a thing Spain is mainly known for, is its tapas.  And the best paella you will find, without a doubt, is in Valencia. Valencia is most known for its paella, and other dishes with rice in general, that’s why it is highly recommended if you want to try the best paella ever.

Spain is mainly known for its main cities and the great parties it has but, the small villages on the coast like Cadiz, Asturias, Galicia, Valencia… are another level. To go during the summer, with your family, friends or even by yourself. Spain’s coast is the perfect place to go. There are a lot of options to relax, to go out, to go hiking, to go on long walks, long baths on the beach while watching the sunset… For me, the coast is so special because when I was little, my dad liked to move around the country every summer, so I have the best memories ever.

In conclusion, Spain offers a wide range of options for travelers. From its vibrant cities to its beautiful mountains and beaches. Whether it’s its food, such as tapas or paella, exploring its wonderful architectural works throughout the country, or immersing itself in the flamenco rhythms of Andalusia, there is always something to enchant its visitors. By embracing the jewels of the country, you will create memories that will last a lifetime. So pack your bags and get ready for an unforgettable experience. Viva España!

Works cited:

https://www.nomadicmatt.com/travel-guides/spain-travel-tips/

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/things-to-know-before-traveling-to-spain

Foto gratuita celebración del día mundial de la tapa con snacks Spanish food

Foto gratuita disparo gran angular del monumento puerta de alcalá en madrid, españa, bajo un cielo azul claro Puerta de Alcalá

Foto gratuita el cruce calle de alcalá y gran vía en la noche Gran Vía, Madrid